Thousands of people took part in the first early voting days. You have two remaining chances to vote:

Friday, October 12 (Advance Vote Day)
10 am to 8 pm
Find your poll

Monday, October 22 (Election Day)
10 am to 8 pm
Find your poll

Answers to some frequently asked questions are below, but you can also visit the City of Ottawa elections website for more information.

Do I live in College Ward?

College Ward includes neighbourhoods such as Bells Corners, Bel-Air Heights, Copeland Park, Cityview, Crestview-Meadowlands, Centrepointe, Briargreen, Leslie Park, Morrison Gardens, Qualicum-Redwood Park, Queensview Terrace South, and Ryan Farm.

You can confirm your ward by using the lookup tool on the City of Ottawa’s website.

Am I on the voters list?

You can confirm your information on the list of electors by visiting the City of Ottawa elections website. However, pre-registration is not required as you can also request to be added to the list when you go to vote.

Who can vote?

If you own or rent property in the City of Ottawa, and are a Canadian citizen 18 years of age or older, you can vote in the municipal election.

Please see the City’s elections website for the official eligibility criteria for electors.

What identification do I need to vote?

You will need identification in order to vote, which should have your name and qualifying address on it. It does not need to be photo identification.

You may present one of the following:

  • An Ontario driver’s licence.
  • An Ontario Health Card (photo card)
  • An Ontario Photo Card.
  • An Ontario motor vehicle permit (vehicle portion).
  • A cancelled personalized cheque.
  • A mortgage statement, lease or rental agreement relating to property in Ontario.
  • An insurance policy or insurance statement.
  • A loan agreement or other financial agreement with a financial institution.
  • A document issued or certified by a court in Ontario.
  • Any other document from the government of Canada, Ontario or a municipality in Ontario or from an agency of such a government.
  • Any document from a Band Council in Ontario established under the Indian Act (Canada).
  • An income tax assessment notice.
  • A Child Tax Benefit Statement.
  • A Statement of Employment Insurance Benefits Paid T4E.
  • A Statement of Old Age Security T4A (OAS).
  • A Statement of Canada Pension Plan Benefits T4A (P).
  • A Canada Pension Plan Statement of Contributions.
  • A Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Works.
  • A Statement of Direct Deposit for Ontario Disability Support Program.
  • A Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Statement of Benefits T5007.
  • A property tax assessment.
  • A credit card statement, bank account statement, or RRSP, RRIF, RHOSP or T5 statement.
  • A CNIB Card or a card from another registered charitable organization that provides services to persons with disabilities.
  • A hospital card or record.
  • A document showing campus residence, issued by the office or officials responsible for student residence at a post-secondary institution.
  • A document showing residence at a long-term care home under the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007, issued by the Administrator for the home.
  • A utility bill for hydro, water, gas, telephone or cable TV or a bill from a public utilities commission.
  • A cheque stub, T4 statement or pay receipt issued by an employer.
  • A transcript or report card from a post-secondary school.

What if I will be out of town on Election Day?

You can vote at the advance vote date on October 12, or you can appoint a proxy to vote on your behalf by following the process outlined on the City of Ottawa website.

I have more questions

Great! You can get in touch with us through the contact page and we can help find the right answer.